The nights are cooling and stabilizing the water temps but please be careful to not stress the fishing by fishing when the water temps are over 70 degrees.
- The Moke is back down to minimum flows, best to wait for the Salmon pules in October.
- Upper Moke- It’s all fishing well, dries & dry droppers. Stimulators & Caddis are best. Cooler in the morning so nymphing will be your best bet early.
- South Fork is doing well. Yellow Sallies, and Hare’s ears.
- Middle Fork is great above Twain Hart- look at Herring Creek. Kennedy Meadows has a lot of pressure.
- Tuolumne Medows - Flows are low but water is cool and temps are stable- a size 16 parachute Adams will go all day!
- Middle Fork & South fork flows are dropping. Subsurface caddis & midges work well, Caddis, Parachute Adams and Yellow Sallies.
- El Portal fish it early, mind your temps and don’t go above 70.
- Lower Merced lots of Pike Minnows, Suckers, and when you catch a rainbow with a tracking tag on it know it is a rescue fish and keep it in the water.