Yosemite Fly Fishing Report
With the recent rains that have brought some much needed relief to our
fire situations, and a bit more flow to our rivers as well as a dusting
of snow. Let El Nino come! I would again suggest going to the Stanislaus
river. It is fishing well and has a lot to offer with Sonora and Twain
Harte near by. The Tuolumne is also doing quite well.
- High Elevation - Watch for thundershower activity - and it’s all about clarity. When these tributaries get off color - your best bet is a bigger nymph. Also look for the afternoon hatches of mayflies
- Mid elevations - Look for to middle fork, as it has fish more activity with lakes doing well, especially the inlets make sure you have streamers handy. Cooler nights are making fish more active.
- Lower - Doing well.
- Upper - has been getting better with the shorter days and temperatures dropping at night. Fishing well in Yosemite and through Hetch Hetchy.
- Mid Elevation - Fishing best early and watch water temperature.
- Lower Tuolumne is fishing great!
High Elevation is doing well.
In Yosemite it’s really low, not good.
Lower river is closed till Jan 1st.
Please be sure to check out our website- www.yosemite-outfitters.com for more information!