Thunder showers are the new normal
and we are so grateful! So this report is a good thing for California
and fish, but it makes fishing hard for us. Please by mindful and when
you hear thunder start heading back.
Now from North to South…
- High Elevation- Watch for thundershower activity- and it’s all about clarity. When these tributaries get off color quickly- your best bet is a small streamer & bigger nymphs.
- Mid elevations- The middle fork has fish more activity with lakes doing well, especially the inlets make sure you have streamers handy.
- Lower- Doing well stripers are starting to show up.
- Upper- has been getting a lot of pressure on Hwy 120- walk away from the trail heads to find un-pressured water and know that it gets tea colored quickly. Fishing well in Yosemite and through Hetch Hetchy.
- Mid Elevation- Call first it gets to look like chicolate milk.
- Lower Tuolumne is fishing great!
Fishing well at elevation- very off color and flows are up.
Please be sure to check out our website- www.yosemite-outfitters.com for more information!