The “Rough Fire” in King’s Canyon is
causing lots of lingering smoke throughout the Sierra National Forest
and with the low water in that section if you’re in the Southern part of
Yosemite, drive to elevations above 7000 feet. The “plague” is not a
problem, wear long pants, long sleeves and repellant, you’ll be fine.
The better locations are presented below.
High Elevation - The top of the hwy 108 corridor is fishing really well.
Kennedy Meadows is your spot. Stop in at the shop and great folks there
will help you too, tell them Nick or Rick from Yosemite Outfitters sent
you. The west slope fishing scene is NOT like the east side Sierra, or
Redding areas, give people lots of room don’t drop in and start fishing
right on top of people, ethics are VERY respected here. Look at our blog
video on dry fly tips a 2 minute video to get some tips for this fishery.
- Mid elevations - The middle fork has fish more activity with lakes doing well, especially the inlets make sure you have streamers handy.
- Lower - Doing well striped Bass are in.
- High Elevation - The up side to the media plague story, it’s less pressured and is fishing well. Take precautions with long sleeves, long pants and insect repellent.
- Fishing well in Yosemite and through Hetch Hetchy.
- Mid Elevation- Fishing best early and watch water temperature.
- Lower Tuolumne is fishing great!
- High Elevation - Fishing well above Merced Lake.
- Mid Elevation - If you have to fish, do so before 11am and take temperature readings often, stay below 68 degrees.
Lower - RIVER IS CLOSED! Open below Snelling Bridge. Salminiods are not to be targeted at all.
Call or look us up online www.yosemite-outfitters.com