Yosemite Fly Fishing Report
Rick Mazaira Reports on 8.27.2015
The “Rough Fire” in King’s Canyon is
still causing lots of lingering smoke throughout the whole area, and
with the low water in that section if you’re in the Southern part of
Yosemite, drive to elevations above 7000 feet.
High Elevation - The top of the hwy 108 corridor is still fishing well.
Kennedy Meadows is your spot. Stop in at the shop and great folks there
will help you too, tell them Nick or Rick from Yosemite Outfitters
sent you. The west slope fishing scene is NOT like the east side
Sierra, or Redding areas, give people lots of room don’t drop in and
start fishing right on top of people, ethics are VERY respected here.
Look at our blog video on dry fly tips a 2 minute video to get some tips for this fishery.
- Mid elevations - The middle fork has fish more activity with lakes doing well, especially the inlets make sure you have streamers handy.
- Lower - Doing well striped Bass are in.
- High Elevation - Water is warm mid day so go easy on the fish, check temps regularly.
- Fishing well in below Hetch Hetchy.
- Mid Elevation - Fishing best early and watch water temperature.
- Lower Tuolumne is fishing great!
- High Elevation - Fishing well above Merced Lake.
- Mid Elevation - If you have to fish, do so before 11am and take temperature readings often, stay below 68 degrees.
Lower - RIVER IS CLOSED! Open below Snelling Bridge. Salminiods are not to be targeted at all.
Call or look us up online http://www.yosemite-outfitters.com
Leave a comment