Yosemite Fly Fishing Report
Rick Mazaira reports on 10.22.2015
With the some weather instability- water clarity & temperature are the key, if looking at situation with turbid water- look to try UV treated flies or bright, bigger patterns. Though not big weather events you still need to be careful with approaches to water and the conditions you’re in. Now from North to South…
- High Elevation - Watch for thundershower activity- and it’s all about clarity. Kennedy Meadows has cold nights so it takes a while for the fish to start moving.
- Mid elevations - The middle fork has fish more activity. Look to use big stone fly nymphs and multiple fly rigs
- Lower - Doing well - some Salmon sightings in the system.
- Upper has been fishing well with lots of great fishing well in Yosemite and through Hetch Hetchy.* Mid Elevation- Fishing well as nights are getting colder fish are moving out of reservoirs.
- Lower Tuolumne is fishing great!
Fishing well at elevation- high elevation tributaries are too low. Dry fly activity is increasing just below the Yosemite Valley. Lower Merced is closed till Jan 1, 2015
Please be sure to check out our website- www.yosemite-outfitters.com for more information!
Leave a comment