Yosemite Fly Fishing Report
Rick Mazaira reports on 7.30.2015
Fires are making the air quality and vistas bad but the fishing is still good with the better fishing in the northern end.
- High Elevation- Watch for thundershower activity- and it’s all about clarity. When these tributaries get off color- your best bet is a small streamer & bigger nymphs.
- Mid elevation- The middle fork has fish more activity with lakes doing well, especially the inlets make sure you have streamers handy.
- Lower- Doing well stripers are starting to show up.
- Upper- has been getting a lot of pressure on Hwy 120- walk away from the trail heads to find un-pressured water
- Mid Elevation- Fishing best early and watch water temperature.
- Lower- Tuolumne is fishing great!
Afternoon dry fly activity is increasing and bass are in the mid to lower elevations! Not a bad option in the heat!
Please be sure to check out our website- www.yosemite-outfitters.com for more information!
Leave a comment