Fires are making the air quality and vistas bad but the fishing is still good with the better fishing in the northern end.
- High Elevation- Watch for thundershower activity- and it’s all about clarity. When these tributaries get off color- your best bet is a small streamer & bigger nymphs.
- Mid elevation- The middle fork has fish more activity with lakes doing well, especially the inlets make sure you have streamers handy.
- Lower- Doing well stripers are starting to show up.
- Upper- has been getting a lot of pressure on Hwy 120- walk away from the trail heads to find un-pressured water
- Mid Elevation- Fishing best early and watch water temperature.
- Lower- Tuolumne is fishing great!
Afternoon dry fly activity is increasing and bass are in the mid to lower elevations! Not a bad option in the heat!
Please be sure to check out our website- www.yosemite-outfitters.com for more information!