Doug Ouellette, Calvada Fly Fishing
The fishing at Pyramid remains a bit spotty. It has been best early in the morning and again in the afternoon. The late afternoon grab has been best. Saturday was very slow but on Sunday there was a great late afternoon grab just before the storm hit. From 2:30 to dark we released several nice Lahontan Cutthroat from 5 to 12 lbs. with three fish over 10lbs. ! It is very important to put in some time when fishing Pyramid, stick it out and don’t get discouraged because when it happens it can be awesome!
Most productive patterns this week are the “Original Popcorn Beetle” (3mm foam), Black wooly buggers, Black/Red Balanced Leeches, Small Black “fly/jigs”, 49ers, and Tiger Midges.
Check out the “BLOG” page on the website below for recent fish pictures.
* Always bring a dry change of clothes
* Bring a shovel in case you get stuck in the soft sand.
* Try to stay on the main dirt roads.
* Check wind conditions before launching any vessel.
Wind direction and speed is essential when fishing Pyramid Lake. For more info on wind conditions go to www.pyramidlakeguideservice.com - click on the “weather button”.
* Matt “Gilligan” Koles and Doug Ouellette will be holding another comprehensive Pyramid Clinic on January 31, 2015. For more info go to the “Clinics” page at www.pyramidlakeguideservice.com
Good luck, Have fun!
Doug Ouellette Pyramid Lake Guide Service