By Master Guide Matt Koles
From its origin at Lake Tahoe, through the 106 mile long journey into historic Pyramid Lake in Nevada, the Truckee River is one of the West’s best wild trout waters. The Truckee River is a classic big water “freestone” trout stream with long runs, pools, and, pocket water. You’ll find deep canyons where sometimes you might not see another angler all day.
The Truckee River’s self sustaining population of wild rainbow and brown trout do not fool easily. Proper technique and presentation are a must. There are some that say the Truckee River is the most difficult river they have ever fished. Matt Koles has developed some techniques to land these tough trout. The techniques he will focus on in this class are nymph fishing with and without an indicator. He will teach you how to catch trout on the Truckee River.
- Setting up common Truckee River rigs
- Nymph fishing with and without indicators
- Fly choice
- Multiple public access points
- Casting from shore
- Fishing etiquette
- How to identify trout holding water
- How to consistently catch trout on the Truckee River
- Tips and trick of a Truckee River Guide
Class Duration: 5 hours