Sage Fly Fishing has just released their 10th flagship rod series, the X series of fly rods. Using KonnecticHD Technology, The Sage X series of fast action fly rods are more efficient than their predecessors, meaning you can do more with less effort. The transfer of energy from the rod to the line is among the best we have ever seen. This transfer of energy from Sage's X Series of rods results in tighter loops. Tight loops as you know are more accurate, more powerful and easier to control especially in the wind. The Sage X Series is not a magic wand but the lightweight durable design will certainly allow those who know how to cast do more with less energy. The taper on the Sage X Rod has a nice flex to it that offers the casting performance we desire without sacrificing tippet protection and fishing performance.
As you know we don't blindly follow trends. We believe every product has to earn it's right to be on our shelves and in your collection. The Sage X 484-4 would be an amazing dry fly rod for any of our California rivers.
If you are considering purchasing a fly rod I would certainly recommend letting us design a personalized fly rod shoot out for you. If you are still working on finding that perfect loop we include a free casting lesson with every rod purchase.
- KonneticHD Technology®
- Black Spruce blank color
- Dark Green thread wraps with Metallic Grey trim wraps
- Fuji ceramic stripper guides
- Hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
- Vera wood insert with Stealth Black anodized aluminum up-locking reel seat
- Flor grade snub nosed half-wells cork handle
- Laser etched line weight on slide band
- Black rod bag with Titanium logo and Black Spruce model tag
- Evergreen powder coated aluminum rod tube with Sage medallion
- Handcrafted on Bainbridge Island, USA