Abel once again raised the level of what a fishing tool could by taking one of the most basic accessories, and re-envisioning it with high quality parts, and perfected performance. Instead of the typical cutter-and-anvil design, the Abel Nipper features two jaws with knife grade steel cutting blades that cleanly snip 8X tippet, heavy leader material, and even braided backing. Overbuilt? Yes. Overkill? Definitely not. The Abel Nipper has quickly become one of the most essential items to include in a fly fisher’s, and fly tyer’s kit.
- Designed, manufactured and assembled in the USA
- Anodized 6061-T6 aluminum body construction
- Replaceable jaws - machined out of premium grade Crucible CPM S35VN stainless steel, then heat treated to 58-60rc
- Engineered to cut 7X - 100 lb mono and braid
- Two Year limited warranty on the jaws after initial purchase
- Pin - 316 stainless steel
Loon Rogue Quickdraw Forceps
The ultimate hemostat, thoughtfully designed from the tips to the jaws to the handle. The tight angles and engineered shape accommodate all fly sizes, allow for easy hook removal, and can crimp even the heaviest of barbs. Oversized thumb and...
Fishpond Arrowhead Retractor
Quite possibly the most purposeful, elegant, and timeless piece of design by mankind is the arrowhead. This iconic treasure brings back visions of our American identity like nothing else. We add to this legacy with a new age tool that...
The Loon Nippers are the work horse in the nipper world. Sharp stainless steel cutting edges, Comfy grip and a eye punch. The Loon Nippers will get the job done day in and day out.